1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AAArrrgggh...Roxio Media Expereince Loop

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Casperrr, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casperrr

Casperrr Thread Starter

HI

I am new to the site- thanks for any help in advance, this issue is realy starting to bug me.

Just unisntalled Roxio Media Creator 9. and did my usual clean up routine using various registry cleaners including, "Reg Mechanic", "JV Power Tools" and searched for all Roxio enteries in registry. I always do as thorough an uninstall as possible.

Now, when I start my voice recognition program (Dragon V9)- the installer for the Roxio software keeps starting (Roxio Media Experience).

I have tried the Roxio forums and while there are entries re: this issue, no real solutions appear to be offered- and for some reason, I can not make an account there (at Roxio)...keep getting an error stating that my e-mail and or account can not be processed- but when I try and re-register, I get a message that the user name/ e-mail is already in use, but never receive and e-mails from Roxio....so I can not post re: this issue there.

I have searched everywhere, done searches for all Roxio registry enteries, tried Windows Installer clean up...everything I know and the bloody this just keeps comming back.

I open the Dragon program and the Roxio Media Expereince starts, I try and click it off and it just keeps restarting....aaaarrrgghh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
    Casperrr

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Only thing I can suggest is go to start/run and type in msconfig then click on start up and see if its ticked in there,if it is untick it and see if that does the trick ....

3. Casperrr

Casperrr Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip- nothing there.

The only thing I could think of to work around so far is to disable Windows Installer in Admin. Services.

Strange that it is only occurring (that I know of so far) when I start Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Casperrr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/562210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice