Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xephar

Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / PCI Expess / Audio / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Dual Gigabit LAN / Serial ATA

What kind of processor goes into a socket 775? Pentium 4? Can I get an AMD CPU for this motherboard?

crjdriver

Xephar said:
Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / PCI Expess / Audio / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Dual Gigabit LAN / Serial ATA

What kind of processor goes into a socket 775? Pentium 4? Can I get an AMD CPU for this motherboard?
That board uses the P4 775. It cannot support an AMD chip. BTW the atx connector will use a 24 pin rather than a 20 pin connector. Make sure you have the correct ps for that board.

Xephar

I assume its a good gaming board, but do Pentiums do gaming as well as AMD?

And what did you mean by correct ps?

crjdriver

In a benchmark, you MIGHT see a slight lead by AMD64 chips, however in the real world both work well.

Something you might want to think about; the P4 775s are based on the prescott core. The prescotts run hot; 55C+ is normal. The AMD64s run cool; the 3500+ that I am typing this on is running at 31C. That is running a stock hsf.

Yes, Abit is a quality mfg.

Xephar

Yeah, so I will probably just go with the AMD64... This is my first AMD machine, and i'm happier with it then I have ever been with any Intel PC. Whats the best "gamer" AMD64 mobo?

crjdriver

Go with either abit, asus, or soltek. If you want the most overclocking ability, then go abit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts