1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Abit IP35 Pro not recognizing USB or ethernet ports, drivers issue?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TheFireTruck, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFireTruck

TheFireTruck Thread Starter

Hey,

So I just did a clean install of XP on my system and I've been having some very difficult problems setting it up. The motherboard is an Abit IP35 Pro, and I keep putting in the disk to install the drivers and everything seems to go smoothly. I'm using XP Home edition. The computer worked more or less fine for several years and it began to have problems before I wiped it, but I thought they were merely software problems. I've installed Windows SP2 on the computer.

The issue is that even after installing the Intel chipset drivers from the CD, the computer doesn't seem to recognize either the USB drivers or the Ethernet cable that is plugged into it. This makes it especially hard to transfer files to the computer. I don't know if this is normal or not, but when I plug mice and flash drives into the computer that have lights on them, they don't light up as long as Windows is running (when the computer is in BIOS they light up fine). In the device manager screen, the PCI bus device is missing (it has a yellow error signal on it), but if I try to update driver from the CD, it has no effect. I also don't know if this is normal, but I cannot find any "Universal Serial Bus" devices throughout the device manager. I hope all this makes it simpler.

Thanks so much for your help!

2. TheFireTruck

TheFireTruck Thread Starter

Um, does anyone at least know a test I could run to find out whether this is a software or hardware issue? That's my main issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice