abit it7-max2-v2.0 highpoint raid 374 problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

galldor

Hi all!!

I did the stupid thing of loosing my driver disk... now i cant seem to get windows install to acknowledge the drivers on the new disk i have created (i downloaded it from the abit site..)

I keep getting txtsetup.oem has caused an error......

Im thinking maybe because i have downloaded a later drivers??? (ive made sure all the correct files are there...)

And also i cannot seem to work out how to include the hpt374 bios update withing the normal bios update....??? how do you do this?? I have the e6 award bios update and imtriing to include the new raid bios... i understand your ment to use cbrom? if so can anyone let me know how you would do this??

Many many thanks......

crjdriver

First of all, there is no need to update a bios that is running fine whether it is the raid bios or the mb bios. Use the latest one from abit with the raid bios included.

Go to highpoints site and download the drivers for a hpt374 chip card and use those. I have done this many times with an abit kt7a raid board and the hpt372 drivers.

To answer your question, you need a bios editor to edit the bios to include the raid bios. I DO NOT recommend trying to edit a bios file unless you are VERY sure of what you are doing. If the file is not edited correctly, you will render your board unbootable.

galldor

hey!!! It turns out the problem is the new Sata hdd i have brought... (a diamond max 10 sata 150) When i unplug it the txtsetup.oem error dosn't happen!!!! When it is plugged in it shows up on the raid controller!!! Any clue why this would be happening?

What are you trying to do? Just add a new hard drive or add the new SATA drive and put Windows on it? What exactly happens (and when) when you say that Windows won't recognize the drivers on the disc (or disk).

crjdriver

The hpt374 is a standard ide type of chip it does not support sata to my knowledge. It is not for sata. If you are trying to install windows, just install it to whatever drive you have connected to the hp controller. Connect your sata drive after you get the system up and running with the drivers loaded for the sata controller.

galldor

Hey thanks for the replies!!

I have fixed the problem now!! Everything works now that i low level formated the sata drive!.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online