1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ABIT Siluro MX400 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by harrack52, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. harrack52

harrack52 Thread Starter

I have a ABIT Siluro mx400 graphic card on a Pcchips M810LR mainboard. The problem is there's an annoying "trail" following the mouse pointer and I can see horizontal lines moving on the screen at the top and bottom of the screen whenever I'm in windows(Win 98). There are no lines when I'm in DOS or booting. I have have installed the latest BIOS and drivers for the graphic card, what can I do to solve this problem ?

2. Rockn

Rockn

It is more than likely to do with the refresh rate in your settings and may also be a limitation of your current monitor. Go into the display settings and try bumping up the display adapters refresh rate a notch and see if it gets better or worse. What monitor are you using make, model and size wise.

3. harrack52

harrack52 Thread Starter

I'm using a LG Studioworks 775N 17 inches.
    The resolution I'm currently using is 1280 x 1024 and the refresh rate is 60 hz.
    The problem is still there even at 640 x 480.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Did you try adjusting the refresh rates and not just the desktop size?

5. harrack52

harrack52 Thread Starter

I tried at 70hz but the problem remains

6. Rockn

Rockn

If it is only at the top and bottom it could very well just be the adjustments on the monitor. Sounds like a geometry or linearity setting that needs adjustment.

7. harrack52

harrack52 Thread Starter

I doubt that this is the problem because if it was I don't think the lines would be moving up and down continuously.
    On ABIT's website there's a faq that points out that problem which occurs according to them when you combine that ABIT Siluro MX400 with K7T, etc. mainboards. They say you can correct this by going into the BIOS under the advanced chipset features and change the settings of the agp driving control. the problem is my BIOS doesn't have the advanced chipset features, I have an AMIBIOS which does not permit me to "play" with many settings. And nowhere in my BIOS can I find something that relates to agp driving control.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice