1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Able to connect to wireless router, but unable to connect to the internet.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Shiranuii, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shiranuii

Shiranuii Thread Starter

Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
    I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

2. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

What is the Exat Problem

Try disconnecting form the router then plug in the Ethernet cable then connecting to the same router but wireless.

3. Shiranuii

Shiranuii Thread Starter

The problem is, one computer on my network is suddenly unable to connect to the internet.
    I can connect to the router just fine.

4. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

What web browser are you trying to use

5. Shiranuii

Shiranuii Thread Starter

Internet Explorer.

6. Gizmoto

Gizmoto

Windows Vista> Hit the start button> type Network and Sharing Center>Under Active Network It will show your wireless Network> Double Click The wireless network> Then Wireless Network Connection Status will show up>Properties>Open Internet Protocol Version (IPV) 6 (TCP/IPv6) Obtain IPv6 address and DNS server address automatically Next Open IPV 4 (TCP/IPv4) And Obtain everything automatically then Under Alternate Configuration Tab Automatic IP address.

PS sorry if this does not help if not got to 192.168.0.1 Or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 and reset your router. ( Or Look on the back and it Might Have a Reset button.)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!