About Browser Cache Size

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ecko69x

So I run a test and it says, "The maximum size of your Internet Explorer browser cache is 7452 megabytes. This is a larger value than we recommend."

So I follow these steps.

Start Internet Explorer
Select Tools | Internet Options | General
Under Temporary Internet Files click the Settings button.
In the box for the amount of disk space to use, enter a value between 10 and 100 megabytes.
Click OK to accept the changes.

But when I scan again it says my cache is still 7452 MB. i'm using IE 7

So I run a test
What kind of test?

Did you delete the files that are in the cache? In IE, go to Tools, and you’ll see ‘Delete Browsing History. In there, click, 'Delete Files'.

moper

ecko69x

moper said:
What kind of test?

Did you delete the files that are in the cache? In IE, go to Tools, and you’ll see ‘Delete Browsing History. In there, click, 'Delete Files'.

moper
I ran pcpitstop again.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Set the number in the 10-20 MB area. PCPitStop may again say this is now too small, but it really does not have to be any larger than this.

7,452 GBs is just a "few" GBs too big!

ecko69x

It still says "The maximum size of your Internet Explorer browser cache is 7452 megabytes. This is a larger value than we recommend."

When I set it at like 20 MB

When you open the settings in IE, is it changing or does it still have what you set it on? It could be a problem with PC Pitstop scan.

ecko69x

I can see that I changed the size to whatever I changed it to when I check. Is there any other way to change the cache size?

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
ecko69x said:
It still says "The maximum size of your Internet Explorer browser cache is 7452 megabytes. This is a larger value than we recommend."

When I set it at like 20 MB
The message above "seems" to be saying the maximum size that it "could" be is 7.452 (default 15%, I think, of the drive) BUT this is a lot larger than recommended.

IE: You have changed it. Run another PCPitstop test.

ecko69x

Oh, since I have IE7 that is why pcpitstop gives me incorrect results.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts