About DDR4 ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vat515

I have Foxconn motherboard with ddr3 4gb ram and it has an additional slot to put ram. Now can I put 4gb ddr4 ram to this Foxconn motherboard?

No.

DDR4
modules are not compatible with DDR3 slots. • The notch in the DDR3 and DDR4 is placed at different places so that they will not be mistakenly fixed to the wrong slots.

Last edited:

crjdriver

Some motherboards have hybrid slots ie 2 slots for ddr3 and 2 slots for ddr4 however you cannot mix the ram. It is either or not both. DDR3 and DDR4 require different voltage.

Note these few boards have have both types of slots are usually very low end motherboards.

I didn't know some motherboards have both ram slots. Thanks crjdriver for the info.

crjdriver

Only the low end foxconn or ECS boards had dual slots ie DDR2/3 or DDR3/4. This was to allow people on very tight budgets to reuse their old ram.

I have Foxconn motherboard with ddr3 4gb ram and it has an additional slot to put ram. Now can I put 4gb ddr4 ram to this Foxconn motherboard?
What is the model number and revision number if any of your Foxconn motherboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online