1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

About Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kudret, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kudret

kudret Thread Starter

Hello,

Could you help me about how to round the numbers that are already calculated by a formula in the same cells? For example, I have a number, which is 26,6666667, in D4 cell. The formula I used to have this number is =(C4/34)*100. However, I want this number rounded to 27 by a formula in the same D4 cell. Another number I have is 33,3333333 in same column in D7 cell, and I want this number to display as 33.5 in D7 cell. I guess I need to use an "IF" formula but I don't know how to do it. Please help!

Thank you in advance.
    Kudret

2. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

What is your criteria for rounding?

3. kudret

kudret Thread Starter

Thanks for responding Garf13LD. If the first digit after decimal point is greater than "5," I want to roundup it to the next even number. For example, if the number is "26.6" I want it to display as 27. If the first digit is less than "5" it should be rounded to half number. For example, suppose the number is 33.33, and I want it to display as 33.5. I hope it's not too complicated, and I was clear about explaining it.

Thanks again.

4. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

=ceiling((c4/34)*100,0.5)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice