1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

About .exe files again....

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ConFused21, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConFused21

ConFused21 Thread Starter

This was posted by one of the administrators in regards to my post down below...

***If the program you are mailing gets detected as a virus, then something is wrong with it to begin with. I have emailed .exe files before and no such thing happens. I don't think I like what you are attempting to do and am going to close the thread. Please look elsewhere for your childish games***

I offered to explain... dont jump to conclusions, admin or not...

the reason I am asking is because I have a keylogger attached to the .exe file. I am sending the keylogger to my daughters email account at her fathers place.

My daughter spends weekends with her father... her father works all weekends, he is barely home. My daughter is getting into a LOT of trouble and is pretty much out of control at her dads place as he is never home... My child is 13 years old.

This is WHY I am asking. My daughter is pretty good with computers and she KNOWS what .exe files are all about... this is how I caught her last time... (she is hanging out with a kid that is pretty much prostituting for $$ and cigarrettes, and only 2 years older then my kid), I discovered this last time I sent her the remote keylogger package). She now knows not to open .exe files because we confronted her with the information we got last time with the remote keylogger.

So, you can think I'm playing .'childish games' , but I am looking out for my kid. If thats a crime, sue me. She has NO parental supervision at her fathers place on weekends as he works a lot, and she seems to spend an awful lot of time on the computer when she is there. All I want to know is what the hell is going on. That is all. End of story. I am remotely trying to deploy a keylogger package to monitor her computer usage and make sure she stays safe.

The weekends are court ordered. Being a single mother of 2, I CANNOT afford to go back to court and have the order changed. I am doing the best I think I can for my kid. Her dad has more $$ then I have and he'd blow me out of the water if I even ATTEMPTED to get our weekends changed through the courts.

I just want to know if there is a way I can delete the .exe extension from the file I am attempting to send her. With the .exe extension visable, she will NOT open any attachments.

There is NOTHING sinister going on here, no viruses, no nothing... she scans her email before she opens it... the keylogger comes up as a virus I guess (I have tried it on my own computer and it DOES get detected). I am just trying to keep my eye out on my out of control daughter who seems to use her computer at her fathers house as a way to get in touch with MUCH older men... that is IT.... nothing more to the story.

If ANYONE can help me, it would GREATLY be appreciated. All I am tring to do is protect my naive and impressionable daughter. I'm not trying to do childish games as the administrator accused me of....

2. sekirt

sekirt

Originally you stated it was a "joke."
    With your new story, the answer would be exactly as stated by steamwiz.

The best solution would be to email to the father and have him install it. Or drive over and install it personally.

Incidently, placing a keylogger on a computer that is not yours
    without the owners consent, could very well be a crime. Regardless of good intentions.

Good luck.
    sekirt

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Great response, sekirt. I don't think there's anything more to say here. Closing thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice