1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

about hard drives ?????????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coriell12277, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coriell12277

coriell12277 Banned Thread Starter

i have 2 extra hard drives an id like to know can i put one of my other hard drives in this computer im on an clean it up an fix like what im saying can i switch hard drives i think there the same ......

2. tecknomage

tecknomage

Please clarify. Are you trying to add hard drives? That is, you have C: and wish to add one or more hard drives?

What type of drives are they (EIDE, SCSI, whatever) and what are their sizes?

How many drives, including CD/DVD do you already have?

3. coriell12277

how can i clone a extra hard drive to get data off it then put in the one i got on computer right now

4. coriell12277

5. coriell12277

BUMP i like to get some info off my other hard drive i need a few files off of it how can i slave one to the other >>>>?????????????????????

6. SB305

SB305

Assuming that's all you want to do (which is entirely different from cloning) and both drives are parallel, not SATA drives:
    Shut down the PC and switch off the electricity supply to it.
    Touch a metal part of the PC case so that you don't kill the PC or the drives with an electrostatic jolt.
    Check that the PC's drive is set to master and is on the end connector of the IDE cable.
    Set the drive you want to copy from to slave, connect it to the middle connector on the IDE cable and connect a power plug to it.
    There are labels on the drives which show how to set them to master or slave.

7. coriell12277

so i have looked inside my tower i see the ribbin an a conecter on it that would fit into another hard drive an i see the extra power cord too....... ok i know i just dont hook those up to the second drive do i >>>> ? an fire up the computer ........ i see extra prongs in my drive inbetween the ribbin an the power cords go but i dont have nothing to hook in those or am i saying this right cause i have no clue of what im doing here lol sorry thx for some help though ..............................:)

8. Hughv

Hughv

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice