1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

About Overclocking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laurixas7777, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laurixas7777

laurixas7777 Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    This is my CPU specs. and temerature. i wonder if I can overclock it more to like 3.2Ghz but I am not sure about safe temp cause I am using stock cooler. can someone tell me that. Btw in this photo i was running it at full usage: windows 7. skype, minecraft server, minecraft client

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Those are not really specs as it doesn't give ram speeds or if this is a white box or a home brewed computer. If it is home brewed, set your FSB to 356 and see if it will boot. Be advised that is your ram can't handle the speed you will need to set a divider. You "may" have to up your CPU voltage and quite possibly loosen your memory timings and up the memory voltage.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Click My Account - Edit Your Details, then edit your computer to its current specs, then save the changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. laurixas7777

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 50983 MB, Free - 6584 MB; D: Total - 169582 MB, Free - 70696 MB; F: Total - 250367 MB, Free - 29139 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., P31-ES3G, x.x,
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I was going to suggest adding more RAM because of the 64-bit operating system, but it's already maxed out. :eek:

I'm not an overclocker, so I can't address that issue.

-------------------------------------------------------

6. laurixas7777

yeah i know that my motherboard sucks cause i can't add more ram. it simply doesn't support more. so can i get compactible new motherboard for like 100-200$ to buy which supports all my parts and like 16GB of ram would be absolutelly enough. for gamming, server making, prerendering videos, etc

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice