1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

about video memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shifty, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifty

shifty Thread Starter

I borrowed my friends laptop, a ibm thinkpad 500 mhz.
    So i wanted to know if it has a video card with a tv out.
    How do i find out?

2. Mike_G_Abund

Mike_G_Abund

looking on the back of the laptop for a tv out port is a start ;)

Or you could go to IBMs site and look for that model of laptop and check the specs at their site.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It, like all computers does have a video, and likely has TV out most IBM's do have that feature.

The TV out will be one of two connectors - a standard Compsite Out(RCA Jack) or S-Video which is a 4 or 7 pin connection as found on most newer model T.V.'s.

Here's a link to a picture of the cable- http://www.svideo.com/7pin.html
    The black connection is the S-video, the yellow is the RCA,
    one of which ends the laptop will likely have. You can purchase an RCA, Svideo, or a S-video to RCA convertor for under $10 each (which ever one you require).

Ibm also had a few laptops with an unusual connection that had a very small end that plugged into the laptop and the other end had the RCA or S-Video connections - this cable is more expensive, but ask your friend if he has it.

Also if you go to IBM's website and enter the Model number on the back in their support area it will give you all the information regarding the laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/156021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice