Tech Support Guy banner

About your pet's health

5K views 27 replies 3 participants last post by  Johnny b 
#1 ·
Browsing through the news outlets, I came across this link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...erns-euthanasia-drug-contamination/344373002/

The J.M. Smucker Co. is withdrawing some shipments of dog food amid reports that it could be tainted with traces of a drug used to euthanize animals.

The company said Thursday it is pulling back shipments of several varieties of wet canned Gravy Train, Kibble 'N Bits, Skippy and Ol' Roy brands.
Years ago, I lost a very kind and gentle Airedale to cancer that was likely from suspected food poisoning in a national brand that used an industrial waste product shipped in from China to up the tested protein level.

So, of course, I don't use that brand today.

Now I read that Smucker's that produces Ol'Roy has tested positive in some of it's dog food products , for pentobarbital.

Three weeks ago, my current pet dog, again a kind and gentle dog of a BlackLab and Terrier mix, had to be suddenly hospitalized for pancreatitus, the cause unknown. Her health was impacted suddenly within 3 days.
Vet suggested a fat free diet of boiled rice, boiled chicken and fat free cottage cheese.
Fat free people food.
Her health rebounded.

She had been eating.....the dry Ol'Roy.
And now I'm reading of their product line being contaminated with a drug used for euthanasia.
Coincidence?
I don't know, but it bothers me intensely that such a corporation cares so much about profits that they care so little about the damage their greed causes.

So be careful and cautious of what you feed your pets these days.

See less See more
#28 ·
Another dog food killing pets.
An issue of mold, again.

FDA says more than 130 dog deaths, 220 illnesses may be linked to Midwestern Pet Foods
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ed-midwestern-pet-foods-aflatoxin/8169225002/

The Food and Drug Administration is warning pet owners that Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.'s products have been "associated with the illness or death of hundreds of pets who had eaten the company's dry dog food."

The FDA said Tuesday it has issued a warning letter to the Evansville, Indiana, family-owned company because inspections of manufacturing plants revealed evidence of violations.

As of Aug. 9, the federal agency said it was aware of "more than 130 pet deaths and more than 220 pet illnesses that may be linked to eating brands of pet food manufactured by Midwestern," which may contain potentially unsafe levels of aflatoxin, a byproduct of mold.
😡

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.