1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Absolutely no sound coming from speakers

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Daniel089, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel089

Daniel089 Thread Starter

I think I have a serious problem and I'm afraid the only way to solve it is buying a new motherboard, but instead of hesitating I decided to ask for help here...

I was playing guitar using amplifier and I decided to connect the amp to the PC (amp line out - microphone front panel 3.5; using TRS cables with jack converters) and everything was working correctly of course. But then I accidentally plugged the TRS cable to the "Phones" instead of "Line out" as I did earlier, and the computer screen went weird and I heard a beeping noise, after I plugged it out I realized this move affected the speakers through the motherboard, because they became "deaf" right after. So basically every audio speaker I use is completely silent now and I hear the same constant beeping noise and no sound at all.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you buy a new motherboard - you would also need to be a new windows OS
    As usually the OS is tied to the motherboard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice