1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AC Power on Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MSDirector, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSDirector

MSDirector Thread Starter

Is there any harm to a laptop if a battery is removed and AC Power is used exclusively or is it just as productive to leave the battery installed? The laptop battery would be charged on a monthly basis.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    no harm - only issue will be if you lose power , you will lose anything you are working on

and if you keep the battery charged each month - then you can always pop it in to use on battery - after another recharge
    dont expect the battery to hold charge for a month

3. MSDirector

MSDirector Thread Starter

Thank you, just as I thought or maybe even read somewhere? I believe a LT battery is good for about 150-200 recharges and this might decrease that. I just gave away a dual core AMD and subbed a dual core Intel which appears to have much better battery life but either of them was rarely used as a laptop and was in a fixed position for most of the time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice