1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AC turns off my labtop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by happyfreckles, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. happyfreckles

happyfreckles Thread Starter

I have a ASUS U36SG CI5 2.5 6GB/500 GT610M 13.3" W7HP labtop,

i have spilled a liquid substance on it 2 times, first its was icetea, cleaned it in disstiled water, worked fine after, second time around i spilled coffee, and thats when it went wrong.

afte i spilled the coffee, the labtop turned itself off. so i took out the AC, and battery. and left it to dry for a day or 2, then turned it back on, but it keept tuening on and shutting off. so i took the labtop apart, and cleaned the mobo, and other componants in distilled water, looks all new a shiny now :). but when i tryed to tuen it on again, it loaded to the part where it asked, start windows nomaly, or repair. then i pressed one of them and it shut down and started to turn on and shut down after a few sec, and kept on doing this. reapeated this a few times, but the result dident change, so i tryed without battery, would not power up, just with the battery, would not power up. so i left the ac and battery in, and came to the start windows normaly or repair, took out the AC, and it could boot all the way. but as soon as i plug the AC back in it turns off.

So my big question is, what could or is this problem, and can it be solved without replaceing any major components.

Yours senserly!

The poor student! :D

2. ETech7

ETech7

Did you try iced tea again?

Is battery charging when it's off with power cord in?

3. happyfreckles

happyfreckles Thread Starter

Funny* :)

But yes the battery is rechargeing when the ac is connected and then labtop is turned off. Also tested a new ac, dident make a difference.

4. Robsy128

Robsy128

And this is why we don't drink near laptops... it never ends well :p

That said, are you sure you've cleaned everything? Have you tried a new battery? It sounds like you've damaged something with the coffee but what, I'm not sure :/

5. ETech7

ETech7

...And remember: after washing do not tumble dry.

That kind of issue would be tough to troubleshot remotely, maybe take for service, or just let someone else to plug it in AC outlet.

6. Robsy128

Robsy128

If you do take it for a service, let us know what it was? :p

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice