1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AC97 Audio

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by soldtheworld, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soldtheworld

soldtheworld Thread Starter

hi everyone,
    When I turn the volume of speakers a bit high I hear some scratchy sound behind the song that I’m listening to , and when the song is finished, I keep on hearing that noise every time I move the mouse, its annoying, and it won’t stop until I lower the volume, it’s a problem that I had since I got my computer and I think I know what causes that ( when I was setting up my PC for the first time, my wife took care of the wires connection, I trust her when she said everything is ok…, I turn it on, then the tests starts, when we got to test _do you here a sound?_ there was no sound, we skiped this step and finally I found out the speakers wire wasn’t connected correctly, I think it was connected to the micro maybe, anyway I hope I explain well my situation and I’m waiting for your response experts. ( I own a HP pavilion 513n - Sound/Audio: AC97 Audio)
    thanks in advance guys

2. soldtheworld

pLEASE HELP

3. cabrito

cabrito

You might try going into your Volume Control Panel and clicking the Advanced button under Volume control and try checking and unchecking your options there (I have 2 options & have them both checked) until you find a setting that works. Worth a try.

4. soldtheworld

I checked & unchecked them all in vain, i think its something else

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The "scratchy sound" is interference caused by the speaker lead being too close to the mouse and/or video cables. Keep them as far apart as possible from all other cables.

6. soldtheworld

thats not the point. anyway forgetaboutit

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice