Solved Accelerometer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Uchi8a

please tell me if this is understandable (This is my script)

Script

Have you ever wondered how your phone knows what direction you're tilting it in?

This is because of the device called the Accelerometer.

MEMS Accelerometers are a microelectronic device about the size of 100 microns.

They can be found in many Electronics today for example

• Smartphones

• Gaming controllers

• VR Headset

• Car AirBag

How does it work?

Accelerometers measure acceleration by change in capacitance. Capacitance means the ability of a system to store an electric charge.

It has a mass which is connected to a spring and it is restricted to move in one direction, there is also fixed outer plates that don't move,which form multiple capacitors. When a acceleration in a direction happens the mass will move and this causes the capacitance between the plates which causes the mass to transform. This change in capacitance will be calculated,processed and it will be matched up to a acceleration value.

Last edited:

managed

Allan
We don't help with homework, it's against the forum rules.

Do your own research, you will learn a lot more that way.

managed

Allan
Just tips please :0
I'll give you one tip - Google is your friend.

Now please stop posting in this thread and use the 'Solved' button at the top of your webpage, to save me the trouble of asking a Mod to close it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online