1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acceptable screen resolution for laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rbuck, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

I , in the past few days, purchased my first laptop, a Dell 17R-5720. I have been very diappointed in the display. I set it at its top density and find the scren a bit grainy. Also the reflective quality in any lighted area is bad with lots of glare. I have tried all of the adjustments in the software with minimal improvement.

Would a 15.6 screen be any better! I think the laptop I have has True Life (what ever that is) display and the I(n)ntel 3000 integrated graphics. I think the resolution is ??? over 900. I think I will sell or return what I have and look for something else.

Any comments or suggestions? I don't do games or heavy video editing but would like a bright clear presentation!

Rbuck

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I would change it for one you have seen working and are happy with before buying.

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    i have 15 and 17 inch laptops they can go anywhere from 1280x800 to 1440x 900 etc.im on a 17 inch dell vostro and its set for 1440x900.theres a lot of good 15 and 17 inch laptops out there that might give you a better screen resolution.you might want to look for one that doesnt have a shiny screen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice