1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accepting Cookies

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tantaw2, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tantaw2

tantaw2 Thread Starter

I tried to download Noton's Anti Spam and get a message that I do not accept cookies. I did not know that I didn't. My queation is - How to I reset my computer to accept cookies. I am running Microsoft XP. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tantaw

2. tantaw2

tantaw2 Thread Starter

This is Tantaw-sorry about mispelling Norton.

3. Dan O

Dan O

The problem can be caused by AdSubract from interMute, Inc. It blocks ads and filters cookies.

To remove it:
    On the taskbar, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, click AdSubtract, and then click Add/Remove. Follow the instructions to completely remove AdSubtract from your computer.

To disable AdSubtract but not remove it, right-click the AdSubtract icon in the notification area, and then click Exit.

If that not the problem check your Cookies Settings, follow these steps:
    In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then click the Security tab.
    Click the Web content zone you want, and then click Custom Level.
    Under Cookies, click the options you want, click OK, and then click OK.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice