1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

acces denied to backup C:

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by edgeley, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edgeley

edgeley Thread Starter

i rebooted my computer and saved my files to a backup when i got back on and tried to acces them files it says acces denied even though im an administrator what should i do

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

3. virtuindia

virtuindia

Hi,
    Can you tell me if you can't access all files from C;\?

Then try this -

Make sure you are logged-in as an administrator

Press start-->Run--> gpedit.msc press ok

in that window expand the selection of Administrative Templates->Windows Components -> Windows explorer

On the other side lots options will be available
    --> go to the Option "Prevent Access on MyComputer.......", and open the properties. If the option is “Property Configured” you should set that to “Property not configured” then press apply -->ok.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

XP Home doesn't include gpedit.msc.

It's not really clear what the OP is doing, I'm guessing he did a backup of his files, then did a System Recovery, or re-installed Windows; in which case Frank4d's suggestion for taking ownership is what needs to be done.

Jerry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!