acces denied to backup C:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

edgeley

i rebooted my computer and saved my files to a backup when i got back on and tried to acces them files it says acces denied even though im an administrator what should i do

Hi,
Can you tell me if you can't access all files from C;\?

Then try this -

Make sure you are logged-in as an administrator

Press start-->Run--> gpedit.msc press ok

in that window expand the selection of Administrative Templates->Windows Components -> Windows explorer

On the other side lots options will be available
--> go to the Option "Prevent Access on MyComputer.......", and open the properties. If the option is “Property Configured” you should set that to “Property not configured” then press apply -->ok.

...Press start-->Run--> gpedit.msc press ok...
XP Home doesn't include gpedit.msc.

It's not really clear what the OP is doing, I'm guessing he did a backup of his files, then did a System Recovery, or re-installed Windows; in which case Frank4d's suggestion for taking ownership is what needs to be done.

Jerry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts