Access '07 question--centering a checkbox in a report

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pjldrum

Dear All,

A quick (and hopefully simple) question--in MS Access 2007 on Vista, I have inserted a checkbox control item from a table/query into a report; however, the checkbox is top-left justified, and I cannot find a way to center-justify the checkbox (either through formatting or right-clicking on the field in the report's design mode).

Is there a way to do this?

Appreciate your help...

OBP

I do not have Access 2007, but can't you manually adjust the position of the Checkbox?

pjldrum

Nope--it won't adjust in the design view of the report....perhaps I'm doing something stupid, but its not behaving logically.

Hello pjdrum. Its actually quite simple, after i figured it out one day as i had the same problem. Took me an hour sitting there playing around on to move it! Basicly on the form, it will sort your fields out for you automaticly, this because its Tabular or stacked.
If you right click on the field in design view on the form, and go to layout, and select remove, it takes it out of the tabular or staked grouping.
If you have fields After where the tick box is, You will need to highlite all the fields after and click Remove too. or it will pull everything over the tick box field, if that makes any sense.
Once you have ungrouped the fields you can the select the ones you want to group again to tabular, and then our tick box will be left all alone to move where ever you choose.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Well to be honest, it has its thumbs up too. Its really easy to alter your form round with the new layout feature, but it is a pain in the *** at first if you dont understand it. i prefer to use 2007 as it is alot easier to make a database than 2003. GUI is alot better.

Although Me saying that im stuck on how to calculate things up and display total!! Id be buggered if i can work it out!

pjldrum

Actually, the problem is the actual check box within the field--the check box itself is located at the top-left of the field and it cannot be moved (even after removing the tabular layout) . Very weird. Any additional ideas?

Access Sets it as part of the group...Tabular or stacked as standard. There is an option on the submenu of the right click menu under layout to remove.

Im going to Create a quick form with a tick box now, and go through to refresh my memory.

Ah i know What you mean now!!!! After you remove it is Free, But you need to drag the outta box around the tick box to make itsmaller, i.e...basicly the same size as the tick box, and then youll be able to move it., and centre it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online