1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2000 + cant cut/copy

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bollejo, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bollejo

bollejo Thread Starter

This problem happens w/ everyone on my team accessing perticualar db. Everyone has w2k and access2k, different models and images. I open table, select record, select cut or copy and go to another table or excell and select paste. Nothing. I go back and select copy or cut and the option is grayed out. This happens on all tables in db. I dont have another db to test with. Copy/cut feature works in any other app. I have sp2 installed.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

This is happening on Access tables in an Access application? (I'm just asking because I wasn't 100% sure from your explanation.) Are you using any kind of user-level security?

Also, when you cut/copy works "in any other app", you mean any other Office app? (Access db files are often called applications, is the reason for this one.)

If that's the case, you should (1) open northwind.mdb which ships with Access, and verify the behavior, and (2) realize that once you "cut" a record, you have to re-select a new record and cut again. Also, records will rarely paste from one table to another; both tables must have exactly the same structure for a paste to work.

On the other hand, pasting a record into Excel or Word should pose no problem. There is also an SP3 now, by the way. And you should compact and repair the file in question.

3. bollejo

bollejo Thread Starter

I am running:
    W2kPro w/ SP3
    Access 2000 w/ Office SP3

1. This is happening when I copy from an Access table
    2. No user level security
    3. Any other app. (IE, MSPaint, Office, everything)
    4. Tested in Northwind.mdb (same problem)
    5. I have compacted and repaired the file (all Access files are doing this)

I can cut/copy and paste all day long until I open up any Access database. If I go to the table and try to cut/copy nothing happens, I then try to cut/copy a second time and cut/copy/paste are greyed out and not available. I then open Excell and type anything into cell, then select cut/copy. I then get a message stating "Cannot empty the clipboard." If I slect Print Screen and go to MSPaint the paste option is not available. If I go to IE and try to paste an URL nothing happens. When I close the Access database the cut/copy/paste function works with all apps.

Please Help, I reley on cut/copy/paste a lot.

Attached Files:

4. CharlieP

CharlieP

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? We're having what appears to be the same problem, but intermittent, not consistent. Sometime reload or reboot will solve, sometimes not. Originally saw it on older version of Access. Then upgraded to 2000, now SP3, rebuilt database in 2000 format, and still see the problem. Since getting a new PC running XP Pro (replacing NT 4.0), if I encounter the problem, I get diagnostics when I close Access. Message that Access has encountered an error. "Error Signature indicates error occured in user32.dll, offset 5874. Also other extensive diagnostic information, but unfortunately no option to print or capture to disk.

If you have any usefull info, feel free to e-mail me at :
    [email protected]

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice