1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2000 database records not updated

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by apang, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. apang

apang Thread Starter

I have a 3 PCs peer-to-peer network sharing to use a Access DB file which resides in say PC-A. Most of the time PC-B and PC-C would open file to do data entry.

PC-B never has any problem.
    PC-C the person has been complaining records missing... say she puts in new records 2 days ago, now when she opens the file she cannot find those records. This case does not happen all the time, just hit & miss!
    All PCs are WIN98 running Office 2000.

Ques:
    1. Do I need to apply any fixes (SR1?)
    2. Is there any sharing issue that I missed?

Currently all I am doing is making PC-A with a shared folder to house the Access data file.

Pls advise.

Andy

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Make sure she isn't filtering records. (Databases don't lose records to my knowledge. There's something else wrong.)

:)

3. coachdan32

coachdan32

What kind of record locking scheme do you have in place. If you aren't using any, two users could get to a new record at approx. the same time and one of them would lose their data. :eek:

4. apang

apang Thread Starter

Hello:

Current I do not have any record locking scheme setup, how & what do you recommend I can use in Access?

Pls advise.

Andy

5. coachdan32

coachdan32

Off of Tools/Options you can set it. I would choose the Edited strategy. If you look under the help file it will give you more details.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/230466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice