1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2000 question write a report given users parameter options

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AMD2800, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AMD2800

AMD2800 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I have this problem, I'm creating a form where the user could fill some or all the fields. those fields would be use to run a query. My problems is I don't know how to do it with out writing a query for each combination that users can use: Eg:
    the form has:

Code1 Color1
    or Code2 Color2
    or Code3 Color3

City or Zip
    Date between Date1 and Date2

So the user could enter a Code1 and a color1 and that is it. and my query would only use those fields. But is they choose to enter Code1, color1 and Code2 and Color2 and City. then I need to run a query with those fields. But you see I would have to create a query for each combination...YIKESS I know there is a better way.

So I thought on the query to write a IIF(IsNull(field),Like "*",(field)) But of course did not work.

Does anyone have a solution for my problem.. am I way off.!

Appreciate you taking the time to read this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    AMD2800

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Can you post a copy of your database with sample data so we have something to work with

3. OBP

OBP

AMD2800, I have already posted a couple of copies of a typical Multi Select Search Form and Query, but I might just as well post another one.:D

Attached Files:

4. AMD2800

AMD2800 Thread Starter

Thank you guy for taking the time to answer my question. After looking at the example from OBP I think I got my problem solved.
    Again thanks for the help.!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice