1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2000 startup menu

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AMD2800, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMD2800

AMD2800 Thread Starter

HI everyone,

I have a question about this project I am working on.. I want to put 10 application in one database. So I can have one Menu with 10 buttons and when click on one an specific application will open. Right now all this application are on a different databases.. We do have split the databases to back and front ends.
    I tried to leave the application like that and just have a menu application so when they click a button I direct them to the database but then another access will open and ask for password so everytime they click a button it will open access and asked for a passwords kind of annoying. That's why I wanted to just move all the forms, queries, reports, etc to one database.
    It that would be okay or there is a simple way to do this. I would appreciate any suggestion you may have.

Thanks
    AMD2800 :D

2. OBP

OBP

AMD, there are a couple of ways to tackle this, you could bring all of the Objects (tables, queries, forms and reports) in to one database by simply "Importing" them, however you would have to reset the various "Relastionships" between the tables.
    You could bring all of the Queries, Forms and Reports in to on database (front end) and leave the tables where they are and "Link" to them in the new database.
    If the database are connected in any way, say by using common Parts, or Customers or Suppliers then in the long term it would be better to Import everything in to one database and then "Rebuild it" taking advantage of those "commonalities" to reduce the number of tables, queries, forms and reports.

3. AMD2800

AMD2800 Thread Starter

Thanks OBP for some reason I may head start hurting right now.
    I really appracite the responce and I better get to work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice