Access 2002 form/report issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OBP

I can't see any Attachment. :)
Can you try it again, did you remember to "Upload" it?

OBP

Ok, I have downloaded and opened it. I will get back to you tomorrow.

OBP

Stewie, I have added an IntakeID Index field (Autonumber) to your table, which uniquely identifies each record. I have added it to both the Form and the Report.
I have added some VBA code to your "Print Preview" Button which "Filters the Report to the same IntakeID as is on screen. I have created 2 Records to show that it is working and reset the "Data Entry" to "no" to show them. I have added a Close Button to the Intake Form and also a Quit Access button with a safety message.
That is one way to do it, if you would like to see the Query version I can create one of those as well.
If you are actually going to use this as a database there are several improvements that you could make in terms of splitting up the main table and also providing things like Lists of Cities with Zip Codes and states, list of Doctors etc.
I would also consider using a Tabbed form to split up the Intake Form so that users do not have to scroll down the screen.

Is this a Copy of a Paper System?

Attachments

Stewie0920

As of right now it is a paper system that I am trying to make electronic. I need to add quite a few things for it to be successful however this is a great start. The data will never be saved (as of right now) which is a plus. I have to add the doctors lists and make it more user friendly but for now I have to just get it working then work on the improvements as time goes on. Thank you for your help.
Stewie

Stewie0920

OBP, I am a little confused. I tried the form and started entering the data. Then I clicked print the report and it came up blank. Am I doing it right?

OBP

Stewie, I see what you mean, the problem is that the Record that you are on has not been "Saved" to the Table and therefore the report can't pick it up.
I have tried saving it with VBA first but it still doesn't work with the "Filter" method.
I will create a Query and post it tomorrow.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online