Access 2003 assistance needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

storyboy

Working on setting up forms in Access 2003, (on my windows xp system) Need help with, making sure user (entering new customer information )doesn't assign and enter a customer code that has alread been assigned to another customer. Example; On the data entry form I have,

Customer Code ______ (it is 4 digits, integer)

The customer file is keyed to customer code. As I look at data in file I see there have been numbers passed by, such as, 1230, 1233, 1255, 1301, etc. I only need to make sure a duplicate is not entered. I don't want to wait until all the data has been entered then have the usual message display. I want to check the file as soon as the entry is made, then let them go on with the remaining information for the record, such as name, address etc. How can I check to see if the number already exist in the customer file.

Please help me with this. I have spent many hours searching for an answer in many books, reading for hours. Please help.
Many thanks, Tom the storyboy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts