Access 2003 dosen't like 2000 format.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Michiba

Hi all,

We run an access database on machines which have MSAccess circa 2000-2002. We recently bought a Laptop with Office/Access 2003 on it. When we start our data base up on the new machine it says the code is designed to hurt our computer do you want to open anyway. I respond yes it opens the data base but reports all sorts of code conflicts when opening forms.

Example : Function is not available in expressions in query expressions

Ok as we have 8 older machines and one newer machine do I have to go and by legacy software, Or is there a way to re-install older query expressions from previous Access versions.

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Michiba

Michiba

Thansks Kiwiguy,

The securiy warnings I can live with but the refusal to run certain queries still perplexes me. In theory if I leave the data base in 2000 format (which it is ) Access 2003 should run it.

Michiba

Michiba

I had a query run on form open from swith board filtering the last 100 records and sorting them by date. I removed this query and presto, don't know why, it just worked.

Michiba

DoubleHelix

Banned
Michiba said:
In theory if I leave the data base in 2000 format (which it is ) Access 2003 should run it.
No, I don't think so. Access is very particular about versions. You really need everyone on the same version if you want to share the database.

A better solution would be a SQL server (Microsoft, mySQL, etc.).

SQL Server doesn't have anything to make a user interface. If you wrote it in Access you would still have the same issue.

Michiba

I have found other issues, primarily in query statements where 2003 has issues.

What is slightly annoying is that the problem occurred because of theft. Let me explain...... The computer system was upgraded and installed to keep pace with our growing access data base about 3 years ago.

2 months ago we had a break in. The alarm went off the bad guys grabbed a laptop. Insurance covered the laptop. I rang microsoft explained that we still had he OEM software from said laptop. Microsoft said I had to buy new software. Now I may have to buy lots of new software.

Any one know how to port from Access to an open source format????????

If there is a simple solution don't hold back, let me in on it.

Thanks for listening to me whinge and wine.

Michiba

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online