1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2003 Macro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ACANZ, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACANZ

ACANZ Thread Starter

Hi All#
    This is my first posting and I have a problem. I have setup a dashboard which uses access 2003. There are 10 seperate dashboard within the database and for each user they gain access to their own dashboard by utilising the open macro command within the desktop shortcut /x nnnnnnnnn.
    However, I have a problem with user's not logging out of the system and therefore locking the DB not allowing me to make any changes to reports, forms etc etc.
    What I would like to do is in the macro add a countdown timer say for the equivalent of 3hrs so that once the user has had 3hrs use it moves onto the next line of the macro and closes the Dashboard and DB.
    Is these achievable within the Macro?

I am new to this stuff so it needs to be fairly simple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Alan

2. OBP

OBP

Well, you might be able to do it that way, using the Switchboard's on timer event procedure.
    Or you could use VBA code to provide the users with a warning message that the database will close in x minutes and then close it.
    The way that it works is to have a table or external file that you can set a value in. The database checks the table or file on a regular basis, when you change the value it provides the message and then starts counting down and closes the database.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice