1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2003 Mouse Wheel Control

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by J_Hanyu, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. J_Hanyu

J_Hanyu Thread Starter

I'm quite certain this has been asked alot, being as annoying as it is, I can't seem to find it anywhere...

How do I control the Mouse Wheel on Access 2003 so that it scrolls through to the next list item of a form, instead of simply scrolling to the next form.

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    It scrolls through the list items for me when I roll the scroll wheel. How did you setup your lookup/drop-down/combo box in MS Access?

3. cristobal03

cristobal03

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "next item." In Access 2000, the default behavior for the mouse wheel is to scroll through records. It might have changed in later versions. I know in Access 2000 the only way to override the mouse wheel functionality is to install a (fairly common) DLL that exploits Windows API. It sounds almost like you want to use the mouse wheel to move between fields. Is this correct?

chris.

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I am thinking what the OP wants to do is click on a drop-down list and then scroll through the list items. I think he is tabbing to the field and then trying to use the scroll wheel instead of clicking on the drop-down list which will allow you to use the scroll wheel to scroll through the list.

5. J_Hanyu

J_Hanyu Thread Starter

Well, what I meant was: By default (I haven't written any code or changed anything, because I don not yet know how to write code), when I scroll my mouse wheel, I begin cycling through my different table entries. For example, if I were doing a contact list, the scroll wheel will cycle through each person that's in my database. What I would like it to do is just scroll down the next Field of the same entry that I'm in; for example, instead of scrolling from John Simpson to John Smith, I'd like it to scroll from John Smith's phone number to John Smith's alternate phone number, or the next field to be entered under his datasheet.

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Ah, ok. This is acting like how the tab key functions. You got me on that one. ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/683520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice