1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2003 non-existing fields

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jpalmerb, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jpalmerb

jpalmerb Thread Starter

Hi all,

I am making a report in Access 2003. I have salaries that will be displayed by the month. However, since we are only in April, the months May-December are not in the query that the report is based on. Is there a way that I can make the report display a 0 in the place of the months that aren't yet there? The months that are there will display the salaries.

I appreciate any help! Thank you!

2. OBP

OBP

Are you using a Crosstab query for the Report?
    If so you can force the Headings to be entered by typing them in the Haedings Property of the Query.

3. jpalmerb

jpalmerb Thread Starter

Hi OBP,
    I believe it is a cross tab query. I'm just the report girl. I know the query is pulling info from a table, doing some calculations and what not. The problem is, the query doesn't have the month in it yet either, because it is a financial thing and we don't know how much each prof. has spent/received until it happens. Every month, the data is imported from some SAP system somewhere and we have this database that does lots of nifty stuff and some other reports. This will be the first report where there are future months that need to be shown with a 0...

Did I just confuse the heck out of you, cause I did me!

Thanks,

4. OBP

OBP

No not confusing, do you want to try doing this yourself, or do you want to post a zipped copy of the database for me to do it
    The database could be a copy with just the Tabel(s) and the Query in it, it doesn't even need any data

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice