1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2003 Project - Form and subform / same table

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by thensley, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thensley

thensley Thread Starter

I am certain that this is easy for someone - not me. My existing application is broken. The fellow who created it is long gone. I can supply data, written summary and screen shots of how it all used to work. There is only one table having 10 fields and 51999 records. I understand that the data is not normalized and that there is a better way to accomplish the result. I have what I inherited. I fully intend to create something better but I am in a pinch. I need to get something working now so that the data can be used. The purpose of TaskList is to create a list of tasks, set a daily schedule for the tasks, reschedule if necessary keeping the original task data, and print a daily report for any single selected day.

The user interface is a form that shows the TaskDate field. The form needs open with today's date - two buttons to the right - one increments the date by one day, the other by one week - same to the left of the date that will decrement. There is a calendar button to the right that allows date selection.

This main form has a subform (datasheet type) that shows the task data fields for the date selected - each task on one line. The main form includes separate buttons for -providing a new blank line at the end of the datasheet to add a new task -a button to delete - a button to defer the selected task to a later date - a button to print the task details for the date selected.

2. OBP

OBP

thensley, welcome to the Forum.
    This sounds similar to something that I built a few years back for a poster on here.
    So do you want it fixed or rebuilt and improved?
    Can you explain what it is not doing?

3. thensley

thensley Thread Starter

Thank you for your speedy response and your inquiry. Long story short - Get something working now with the data as it is. The pressure will be off and a good app can be designed and data converted.

4. thensley

thensley Thread Starter

Perhaps I should clarify; I have imported the data into Access 2003 from a SQL 2000 database. The front end application that failed was a custom app that is over 8 years old. The app was created with some version of Visual Basic and the one report was created via imbedded Crystal Reports. I picked Access 2003 since I am at least somewhat familiar with it. We can add new tasks to the tables as it is. I am trying to get a user interface to look somewhat similar to the one that failed. SQL programming is completely outside my realm of possibilities.

5. OBP

OBP

Can you provide a Screenshot of how the original form looked?
    Or can you design the layout of the form and I can add the functionality?
    Does the Crystal Report work with what you have now, or do you need the Report redesigned for an Access Report?
    Can you provide a copy of the table, it does not need any data in it just the structure?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice