1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2003 Question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cmgerken, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmgerken

cmgerken Thread Starter

Hello all,
    I am a college student at a department at my school and am creating a database in Access to catalog our video library. I have a form in which users enter their unique, university supplied user name to create an account in the database. I also have a form with the videos we have in our database. The command button on the form "Check Out Video" is grayed out if the video is already checked out; otherwise, its clickable. What I want is to create a way that users will be required to enter their unique ID when they click the Check Out button, so that their ID is recorded as the person with the video. Then, obviously, we can just lookup user ID's in our other table to see who the person actually is. How can I set it up so that they will have to enter their ID and it will be added to the table and still retain the feature of having the button become gray when a video is not available?

2. OBP

OBP

Secure the Database.

3. OBP

OBP

cmgerken, let me expand on that.
    When you use the security Wizard to make a secure database, each person has to log on to the database.
    The Access System then knows that user and can provide their details at nay time.
    The way that your system is currently set up, if someone knows someone else's ID they can book out videos in their name instead of their own.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice