1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2003 relationships disappear

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cgable, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgable

cgable Thread Starter

I have a large Access 2003 database that I have been modifying and updating. Every table is linked and every table is related to every other table. This has worked perfectly for all the tables except one. It seems to be linked if you ask it to show direct links, but if you close the relationships window (after saving) and reopen, the relationships are no longer visible.
    Also, when i asked it to show direct relationships, 3 copies of the table were created, linked to random other tables. I deleted the links and the copies of the tables, and they have no come back, but it seems odd for them to have been created in the first place. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

2. OBP

OBP

cgable, welcome to the Forum.
    Sometimes when you add a table to the Relationships Access tries to establish the relationship to other tables with the same Key field name (Like ID for instance). If the table is not visible and you add it again that is probably why you had 3 of them.
    Have you used used the "Show All Relationships" menu Icon to check that the table is there?
    The othe rpoint of interest is where are you establishing the relationships, in the Front or the Backend (where the tables are) of the database?
    Normally you would create them in the Backend.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice