1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2007 1 query with multiple linked tables

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mtsnorider, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtsnorider

mtsnorider Thread Starter

Hello,

I am somewhat familiar with access and excel, I am trying to create a query from almost 40 seperate tables that are linked to a file on our server (so the data refreshes when changes occur).

I have tried the SQL option of

Select * from table apr13
    union all
    Select * from table apr14
    union all

Etc...

I continually get this error:

Syntax error in query. Incomplete query expression.

Any assistance would be so helpful!

Ultimately I am trying to track due dates and build interactive dashboards. Since the origional Excel file is several worksheets by month instead of one consecutive sheet - I am trying to create one query that includes all worksheets as seperate imported tables. Most of the tables are exactly the same - just different due dates.

2. mtsnorider

I should clarify that all of the headers in each worksheet are the same. What is listed below can and may be different from first worksheet.

3. OBP

OBP

mtsnorider, welcome to the Forum.
    From your description the data should all be in one table and then split up by the query(s).

4. mtsnorider

Unfortunately all of the excel sheets have already been set to different worksheets.

To simplify I combined all of the worksheets to one and then just linked that different consolidated table.

5. OBP

OBP

Are you working in Access or Excel?
    As I do not see what Excel will have to do with it once the Access Database is in use, unless you are emailing Excel sheets for "Data Input".

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice