1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2007 code stopped working (="[ID]=" & Nz([ID],0))

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Margo12, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I borrowed this code from the Northwind database to use on an "Open" command off a list form. I used it in several databases and it was working find until one day I come in to work and it seems to have almost randomly quit working on just some of my databases. I am attaching a pdf. of screen shots to show how I used the code and the error messages. I'm really baffled. Oh - and a database that is getting this error message at my office works fine when I take it home on my external hard drive.

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Have you checked the References to see if any have "missing" against them?
    Have you also checked the problem Computers to see if they have received MS upgrades lately, they appearing to causing a range of problems at the moment, mostly around dlls that get changed or go missing.
    Have you compacted & repaired the databases?
    Tried re-installing/repairing Access or MS Office?

3. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I've looked through the references and I don't see any missing ones. The odd thing is that some databases are not affected. I must have 20 database programs on a network share and some of them do this and some don't. I will try to compact and repair but re-installing will take an act of congress. I'll have to get my IT dept to put me on their list! Thanks for your quick response. I also posted on Utteraccess.com and they never seem to give me answers like you do!

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Not all databases use the same references and they can change depending on the users Computer.
    Do all users suffer the same problem with the same Databases?

5. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I have noticed that the error does not happen if I take a copy of the database home. I think that the problem coinsides with a new user logging in to this database over the network from a new location - but I don't understand how that would change the way it operates for all users.

6. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Maybe it would work if you split the database, so that the front end is on the Users Computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/984560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice