1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2007 Contacts template, help required....

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by maracles, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maracles

maracles Thread Starter

I am using Access 2007 and modifying it for my own purposes. In this case it is to replace my current excel file as a database for storing client details. One of the most useful functions of the tempalte is that you can export contact details to outlook at the click of a button, I would however like to expand on this in the below two ways:

1. I have user-created contact fields in my current Outlook contact can I get Outlook to update these as well, currently it only updates standard fields such as last name, first name etc.

2. Currently it only allows me to export one contact to Outlook at a time, can I have it export all the contacts in my Access 2007 database at once. I.e. if i make changes to multiple contacts instead of doing it one by one I would like to do it in one go and then just use the 'update contact details' function in Outlook.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. JosephTCSS

JosephTCSS

Why not just use OUTLOOKS import and export feature.

In Outlook 2007 (or 2003) Goto File>Import and Export

Follow the wizards instructions
    (Note: Office 2007 is wierd... SOMETIMEs Microsoft is slow in delivering the updates to resolve compatibility issues so you MAY find it useful to save your excell or access file as an earlier version if 2007)

HTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/761913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice