1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2007 Disable Hyperlink Warnings

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Wayne0928, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne0928

Wayne0928 Thread Starter

I have a new HP Pavilion dv7, with INtel Core i7, 64-bit, and I'm running Office 2007. In Access, when I click on a hyperlink in a presentation, I get a warning message, "Opening....Some files contain...Would you like to open this file?" There's no error message # or other information that's helpful...I can only click "OK" or "Cancel." If I click "OK," the everything is fine, but I have several hyperlinks in this presentation and it's a nuisance as well as disruptive to the flow of my presentation.

On my old machine, I was able to disable this somehow...I don't remember how. I have researched it and have come across instructions on editing the registry, including Microsoft's kb925757 article, but they do not solve the problem. I've searched this site, and have only found something for Excel where the solution was to write a macro...I know I didn't do this. There's gotta be an answer to this issue.

Any help available?

2. Wayne0928

Wayne0928 Thread Starter

Oh...I'm running Windows 7.

3. OBP

OBP

Personally I use VBA and the "Follow Hyperlink" method, so you only store the hyperlink address as text and use VBA to open the file.
    From what you and I have read there is no satisfactory answer to the warnings, it is typical MS security which does not contain an override switch as it should.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085331

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice