1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2007 Expiration date

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pzw, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pzw

pzw Thread Starter

Hi,

I am creating a spreadsheet for a school that I work in. I am very new to access and really have no clue what I am doing. Right now I am tracking the teachers and their credentials. I have a checkbox where I check whether the teacher has a license or not and then a exp date for when the license expires. Is there anyway to make it that when the expiration date passes the box becomes unchecked and is higlighted or flashes another color? Or if I put in a year a training was taken, 1 year later that check box becomes unchecked and flashes or is highlighted?

Please someone help me! And remember Im a real novice and so need step by step instructions!

Thank you for your help!!

Pauline

2. Rockn

Rockn

A database is not a spreadsheet. If you have created a table all it is meant to do is hold the data, similar to a spreadsheet. You can do what you want with a form or a report, except the flashing part.

3. pzw

pzw Thread Starter

Ok so I have created a form! Now what?

4. Rockn

Rockn

Have you bound the form to a table or a query? Have you added the text or other controls to display the data?

5. kumar1111

kumar1111

Hi,

Give me dummy data on excel sheet and I will create the required access module. Do it asap so I can respond you back with solution.

Thanks!

6. Rockn

Rockn

So much for letting people work things out for themselves.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1044168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice