Access 2007 ID Autorun

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neil1339

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm trying to create a database that has unique records but where the same part number info can be used more than once. So its the ID that needs to be unique.
However, I want this unique ID to be ISD-00001, ISD-00002 etc: to match our other data in other systems.
Can this be set up as an Autorun in the ID column or, as I suspect, am I going to just have to forget the ID and create each unique record as I go.

PS,

Not so sure I like 2007 yet, Have used 2003 extensively to pull global data from 100's depot locations and create multi queries. Cannot believe how difficult I am finding it to navigate to what I want in 2007!!!

Thanks

Neil

OBP

Neil, you can certainly do it with VBA, I do not yet have Access 2007 and I am NOT looking forward to using it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online