1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2007 Memo field not fully showing on report

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Margo12, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

And yes, I did set the property to 'can grow' and 'can shrink'. I can't figure what the problem is. Even if I stretch the field out huge, it still is cut off when I view the report. And in one case, the same field prints fully when it is used on one report but on another similar report the same field is cut off. I can't see any differences between the two report settings.:mad:

2. OBP

OBP

Is it cutting off at 256 characters?
    I seem to remember a Thread on this problem and it was soemthing to do with the query cutting off the memo at 256 characters, but I can't remember what it was about the Query that caused it.

3. OBP

OBP

4. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

256 characters is the limit on a text field, but a memo field can go on much further than that.

5. OBP

OBP

I know, but not if you use a combo to select it for a query.

6. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I didn't use a combo. It is a field for the client to type in a description. I use it on other reports almost identical to this one and it shows all text. This has happed on one other program as well. I can always recreat the report from scratch but I want to know if I am doing something to make this happen.

7. OBP

OBP

I haven't heard of any other circumstances where it occurs, you could try creating another Report or even a form with just the Memo field on it using that query and see what you get as I think it is related to the query.
    One thing you could try is putting the Memo Field in the Query twice, once for the Criteria and once for obtaining the Full data. That would be an intresting exercise because you could put both versions of the memo field in the Report or Form and compare them.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/858158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice