1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2007 Multiple tabs in subform?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by melonhead, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melonhead

melonhead Thread Starter

I am making a contact management database. I am working on a form with a subform (or if needed subreport).

The Tables are Main Family Table (Form) and Family Members (subform)
    Basically the Main Family Table contains address, last name and phone.

The Family Members contains info about the individual family members - name, e-mail, insurance info, etc.

I want to have only one table with the home address so that we can send one statement to a family instead of wasting money and sending numerous statements.

I have tabs on the subform. I would like each individual family member to have their own tab. So if the Smith family had 3 family members, there would be three tabs to choose from - each labeled with the family members name. If the Jones family only had one person, there would only be one tab.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance

2. OBP

OBP

hello melonhead, I am sorry but I don't think your idea is going to prove very practical, I am not saying that it can't be done, but it will be a lot of work.
    First of all, unless you Program the tabs and their names using Visual Basic you are going to need a Mainform with SubForms for each Family.
    The normal way to do this would be to have a Combo Box to select a Family and then a Subform with One Record per Family Member.
    The decision is yours as they say.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice