Access 2010 Calculated Date

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ADRCGB

I need to put a date on a label that is generated from a report in an Access 2010 database. When the user runs the label report they need to be prompted to enter a date so it will print on the label.

In the criteria for the query used to generate the report put [Enter Date]

ADRCGB

I tried that and it filtered the data by that date instead of just printing it on the label. I have other criteria for filtering data for this label and using the date won't work. Thanks though.

OBP

You can enter the date in a form and then refer to that date in the report using an "Unbound" field.
Set the field's Control Source to
=Forms![formname]![datefieldname]
where formname is actual nmae of your form and datefieldname is the actual name of the date field on the form.

ADRCGB

Thanks for the tips figuired this out. I added a field Delivery Date to the master table, then added a field to the query tied to the label report that had the following in the field cell: Del Date=Expr1:[Date()] Then added the field Delivery Date to the label report. Now when I run the report it allows me to fill in the date I want to show up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts