1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2010 Calculated Date

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ADRCGB, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ADRCGB

ADRCGB Thread Starter

I need to put a date on a label that is generated from a report in an Access 2010 database. When the user runs the label report they need to be prompted to enter a date so it will print on the label.

2. Rockn

Rockn

In the criteria for the query used to generate the report put [Enter Date]

3. ADRCGB

ADRCGB Thread Starter

I tried that and it filtered the data by that date instead of just printing it on the label. I have other criteria for filtering data for this label and using the date won't work. Thanks though.

4. OBP

OBP

You can enter the date in a form and then refer to that date in the report using an "Unbound" field.
    Set the field's Control Source to
    =Forms![formname]![datefieldname]
    where formname is actual nmae of your form and datefieldname is the actual name of the date field on the form.

5. ADRCGB

ADRCGB Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips figuired this out. I added a field Delivery Date to the master table, then added a field to the query tied to the label report that had the following in the field cell: Del Date=Expr1:[Date()] Then added the field Delivery Date to the label report. Now when I run the report it allows me to fill in the date I want to show up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice