1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2010: Combo Box Field Limiting Full Records of Report

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lifeisgood8, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lifeisgood8

lifeisgood8 Thread Starter

I have a form that will be used to preview reports with the given combo box criteria. Everything was working perfectly with the first three combo boxes I made. The fourth one (which is blank in 264 of the 311 records) made the report only return 47 of the 311 records when I searched for all records (keeping all combo boxes blank). Is there a way to ensure that the total number of records are used in the filter? I hope my question is clear. (p.s. my OS is Windows XP) Thank you!

2. OBP

OBP

You can use the Like function in the filtering to allow the combo to show all records.

3. lifeisgood8

I have the following code in the "Criteria" section of each field that I have a combo box for within the Report:

Like [forms]![Primary Form].[cboCategory1] & "*"

When I had only three fields with a combo box with this code I was able to see 311 records, but now that I have another field that is not populated in each record, there are only 47 records when I leave the four combo boxes blank.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

4. OBP

OBP

It sounds like that the 4th combo is for a field in a different Table to the others.
    If it is it will take a change of the query Joins between the tables to have it display all the records.
    Change the Join type to
    "All Records from the Main table and only those matching from the sub table"

5. lifeisgood8

The fourth combo box is from the same table as the previous three. The only difference is that this field is only populated on 47 records out of the 311 records... It does seem like a join somewhere, but I'm not sure where...

6. OBP

OBP

When you say the field is not populated, should it have a value of zero?
    If so you could run an update query to make them zeroes and also set the default value for the field to zero to ensure future records are not Null.
    You could also try adding an "Or" to the Criteria using "is Null" or Isnull

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice