1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ACCESS 2010: How do I create a user-defined search form?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Mcaz, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mcaz

Mcaz Thread Starter

Hi! I am in the process of building a database for my business. I have built the datatables and I have built the forms for the users to enter the data. Now I need to create a form (preferably like my data-entry one) where a user can enter the last name or account number of who they are looking for and only that specific person's account comes up. I know my way around Access but I am unfamiliar with VB. and coding. If someone has a better idea of what I could do I am open to suggestions. I just need to have a way of users searching for a specific account by name or number. Thanks to anyone to can help!

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

3. Mcaz

Mcaz Thread Starter

Thank you OBP for your help!
    My only problem is I don't want to choose from a list. I am looking to be able to type in a first and last name & DOB or account number and have only the matching account pop up.

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

The problem with typing things in is typing errors not getting you what you want, it may be typed wrong on input or typed wrong in the serach fields, which is why I always recommend Find Combos first.
    Take a look at the Thread that I posted in post#2, it uses a Search form.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961512