1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2010 Problem will creating comments

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by PooBear, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PooBear

PooBear Thread Starter

Greetings to all,
    I am new to Access and very blue in the face.:confused: I trying to build a very simple case mgmt type database that will allow me to type comments/history on an existing record each time the record is accessed. I would like to include who posted the comments, date posted, and a follow up date. Thank you for any assistance.

Operating system - windows 7

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

PooBear, welcome to the Forum.
    So how are you currently trying to do this?

3. PooBear

PooBear Thread Starter

Thank you.
    Access 2010 - I hope I understood the question.

I created a history table. Then I created a history form. Then I read in an Access book that I could create subform continously, but it just doesn't work for me or I am probably not comprehending correctly. Then I created a time table to track my time which I got it to compute, finally. I am piece milling each action and hopefully can put it all together on one.

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

If you want more than one comment per Case there are basically 2 ways to do it.
    The normal way is to have a separate table for the comments with the Case key field Number and the comment, you create a subform based on the new table and add it to the Case main form.
    The second method involves using a "Memo" field in the maintable and using VBA code to add data to it. This is a much more advanced technique.

5. PooBear

PooBear Thread Starter

Thank you. I will continue to try the subform. Thanks again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065568