1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2010 Web Macro – HELP!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Santude, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Santude

Santude Thread Starter

Hello,

I am writing a WEB Access 2010 application and I have just discovered that I cannot use a SQL SELECT statement within my Query. The SQL STATEMENT creates a new column called CondPrice within [CFLHPtbl] populated with a lookup and match from a comparison between [EQPPrice] CFLHPtbl. The SQL SELECT below works GREAT, but I can NOT publish it to SharePoint. I am new to Access 2010 Web DB, can anyone show me how to accomplish this within a Web Macro?

(select eqpprices.price from eqpprices where productnum = cflhptbl.condmodel and eqpprices.profilenum = testval ) AS CondPrice

*Please note that “testval” is just placed there for testing. I want to be able to replace the “testval” with a selected value from a combo box.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Sorry I can't help with the Web issue.
    Does the SQL query work in the database?

3. Santude

Santude Thread Starter

Yes...It works great with the SQL Statement....

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

OK, why not use it for an Append or make table and use the table on the sharepoint.

5. Santude

Santude Thread Starter

Can I use an SQL statement in a Table on the Web portion of Access 2010?

6. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

In Access you can either Append the data to a table that is already there or create a table with a Make Table query.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062955