1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access 2010 Weird Event Procedure problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kazwaz, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kazwaz

kazwaz Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    Something strange keeps happening to my databases.
    I have a command button on a form that runs code to print a report on the On Click property. The actual code varies in different databases.

Every so often the event procedure disappears from the properties of the button. When I go back into design view of the form and go to the On Click bit of the properties I can 're attach' the code as the code is still sitting there. It works again for a while then it disappears again.

The databases themselves are running as separate front ends (forms, code etc.) and tables. Each user has access to their own version of the front end. The table back end is on a shared drive on the server as were the front ends. I recently moved the front ends so they are on each user's PC on their C:\ drive. I had a thought that having the front ends on the server might be causing the problem, but it happened today to a front end on a PC.

Any ideas as to the cause.
    Thanks
    Karen

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Karen, I have no idea what could be causing it, but there are a couple of things you could try.
    Try Compacting & Repairing each front end.
    Try Compiling the Code in each front end.
    Was this database originally written in Access 2010 or converted?

3. kazwaz

kazwaz Thread Starter

Hi
    The database was created in Access 2010.
    Will try your suggestions.
    Thanks
    Karen

4. draceplace

draceplace

I've not seen this specific issue but each users Trust Settings and 'allow macro' settings may need to be set.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice